Sunday, February 14, 2010

Jeannette February 14th, 2010

It's the middle of February, and very hot over here in Malawi! It hasn't rained in over a week, which is a long time for over here. We're praying that the rains come really soon. Not too much has happned over here, but since we haven't writen in our blog since October, I guess there's quite a bit to update. We'll both share a story over the past few months, and save the other stories for other blog posts.

Over Christmas break, I, Jeannette, got to go to the Crisis Nursery Center more often. My friend and I just go to help feed the 20 kiddos there and just hold them. There are always about five "mothers" there at a time, but as you can imagine they can't hold all the babies. So, when there are more hands to go around, the kids are able to get held more. The older kids crave attention of anyone who will love on them, so they will just sit there and look at you, as you feed the other kids. I love going there and seeing those cute faces, but at the same time, it's hard, because there's always at least one new face when I go, and at least one has died to malaria or something else. I haven't gone often since school has started, but I hope to go several more times before we head home to have our baby.

School is going pretty well. The kids are keeping me busy, which I enjoy, but I do find that I get really tired by the end of the day. I stay after school every day of the week for extra tutoring. It's really great to see how each child that I'm tutoring is learning a little more each day. I just hope they are able to retain it. :) I have been working with  Korean girl two days a week, after school, for a half an hour, and just recently, I have been able to see a big change. She still has a long way to go, but she is slowly learning English and she definitely enjoys it more when I work with her one-on-one.

1 comment:

  1. hey.. i miss you guys .. sounds like you guys are doing well .. :)

    ReplyDelete